Friday, May 10, 2013

Hello, hello!

I have just logged on to post a few items of note - and was shocked to see my last entry was in early February! I really do apologize, this doesn't seem like my year to keep my blog up. However, I'm happy to say that students, you've been (mostly!) keeping up with work, getting notices back, and conveying information to your families really well. Still there are a few items I thought I would update and remind everyone on. For starters, please remember the Convoy of Awesome Food Bank Drive. Thank you to the students who have already brought non-perishable items, and a reminder to those of you who haven't - remember, this is a way to make a difference in our own community. I've attached the link to the HeroWork video for you to share with your families. I am still looking for drivers for a field trip to the Thetis Lake Watershed on Tuesday May 14, for the morning. I will make the call on whether we can go or not on Monday morning. I need seats for 14 more students, potentially 10. We are starting our blanket/food/penny drive for the SPCA this Monday! Let's start by modeling the things we can bring in - I have a dog dish and some food along with sheets and a blanket, and Nadia has already brought in lots of pennies! Remember that next weekend (May 17 - 20) is a 4 day weekend due to Pro-D on the 17th and Victoria Day on the 20th. Students, you've been working really hard, and I'm really impressed with how well so many of you showed your parents around our classroom last week. You demonstrated a great understanding of how you learn - I was proud of you! I've put some date reminders to the side...there is lots to do in less than two months!! Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

2 comments:

J. Santos said...

Thank you for the update!

Anonymous said...

thanks but mrs.Kilpatrick remember to update it every day