Friday, February 10, 2012

Update on Cuba and APAC

Hi everyone,

I want to update you on the status of the supplies that some of you helped collect for the animals of Cuba, along with all of my students from last year. Three different people are taking them - my son will be taking some this Saturday (Feb.11), and two other people that I have connected with through APAC will be taking the rest one week later and in early March - Klaus and Janice (a wonderful couple and my new friends!) and a friend of theirs. I am so excited!

For those of you who are weren't here at the beginning of the year when I explained why I had a big box of animal toys, blankets, grooming tools, food, and medicines, I am going to post Havana's Story again - which explains my profound experience in Cuba last year, and what I am trying to do to "make a difference". I have been so supported in my efforts by all of you(with a special thank you to Aysuda, Ramona and Emily!) - we are ALL making a difference!

APAC stands for the Association for the Protection of Animals - Cuba. We know that there are many animals in need of rescue - in Victoria, in Canada, and all over the world. We can make a difference here, we can make a difference in Canada, and we can help whenever there is an opportunity, no matter where. We happen to have the opportunity right now to help an amazing group of caring people in Cuba, which is a place in the world where getting supplies can be extraordinarily difficult. Thank you students, for all of your compassion and enthusiasm. It warms my heart to know that all of you will continue to make a difference as you grow older.

Havana's Story is below.

3 comments:

APAC-Varadero said...

This is our warm Thank You to Ms. Kilpatrick and her students. It is wonderful to have friends who care that much. Animals in Cuba have no other chance for a better life, or even for survival, then help from outside. Association for the Protection of Animals Cuba was created to provide that help. We believe that a treatment of animals starts in childhood when we first learn what are the right things to do. Cuban children don't always have the best examples to follow. It is changing now - with APAC's efforts and with a help from friends like you. You should be all very proud!

Jodie said...

No, thank you Mrs. K for letting us know what is happening to the poor animals around the world and especially is Cuba :( :)

madi :) said...

i am so happy ALL the supplies is goin to cuba i just know this will make a change to the animals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!