Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Maritime Museum, Behavioural Adaptations and Pink Shirt Day Tomorrow!

Hi Everyone - I hope you enjoyed the field trip this morning. I know you were disappointed to not see the whole museum - I understand! - hopefully you will all use your free pass to go back. I will hand them out tomorrow.

Some of you have questions regarding the homework, describing behavioural adaptations about your imaginary creature. I will try to help here,and if you still aren't sure, wait until tomorrow morning and I'll go over it again with you then.

Remember that structural adaptations are "structures" that an organism has - like wings, flippers, ears, opposable thumbs and so on. Behaviours are what an organism does - like fly, swim, or tie shoelaces.

So, when you invented your organism, you probably drew structures on it - remember to label those structures and tell me what they're for! Underneath, write a few sentences (or you could do point form), describing the actions of the organism that help it survive in it's environment - for instance "it climbs trees when being chased by a predator".

Apply your knowledge, and have some fun with it!

Don't forget to wear PINK tomorrow!!

3 comments:

caleb said...

i need help with science tomorrow Ms.Kilpatrick

Jodie said...

LUV ANTI BULLYING DAYYY!!!! :D

Anonymous said...

i cant wait to go back to the museum with my family :) i really want to ride the old fashioned elevator too!